What documentation do I need to provide in order to sell my royalties?
To have your royalty stream listed on SongVest, you will need to provide us with the following information:
- What you’d like to sell (i.e. for music: songwriter’s share of performance royalties, mechanical royalties, production royalties, etc.)
- The entity paying your royalties.
- AT LEAST three years of royalty statements.
- Digital statements in CSV/Excel format are preferred, as this allows us to provide a more sophisticated analysis of your royalty stream.
- After we review your data and verify your royalty stream, we will discuss the following questions:
How can we best promote your auction? SongVest handles most of the promotion for auctions, but any outlets that you can provide us will increase the probability of your item selling. Some examples include social media accounts, websites, and personal industry networks.
Do these royalties come from Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.?
Each SongShare is a piece of a royalty stream that could be coming from a plethora of differing places, it all depends on what the artist/seller has actually decided to sell through SongVest. You can find this information under the "Description" of ...
I receive some of my royalties through SOCAN. Am I able to sell with SongVest?
SOCAN has a policy that does not allow us to sell royalties at this time, we hope this will change in the future.
What happens if my royalties don't sell?
If your auction fails to reach its reserve price, you have the option to have SongVest negotiate on your behalf with the highest bidders to strike a deal. Otherwise, there is no sale. SongVest charges no fees for auctions that fail to sell.
Can I sell only a portion of my royalty revenue?
This is totally up to you! You can sell any percentage of your royalty stream. The options are almost limitless! SongVest will work with you on your ideal auction and how best to present your royalties.
If I choose not to sell my royalties, are there other options?
Yes. Our Royalty Advance Program allows you to receive up to a five year advance on your royalties. To qualify for this program, a royalty stream must have booked an average of AT LEAST $10,000 in revenue over the past three years. To learn more ...